- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The adrenaline rush of cage diving with sharks comes from coming face to face with one of the world's largest predators: the great white shark.
• The experience puts you in their territory, while the safety of the cage allows you to be an observer and learn what great white sharks are really like.
• A marine biologist on board will educate you about this incredible apex predator and you will also be provided with breakfast or lunch, as well as a wetsuit size before your dive and a celebratory drink to toast the occasion.
• After this once-in-a-lifetime experience, you will find yourself buzzing with excitement and adrenaline. You will have had the opportunity to get up close and personal with one of the ocean's most majestic and foreboding creatures.
• The boat (Slashfin), is the largest in the industry (based on the most deck space per customer) and was purpose-built for shark cage diving. It includes two restrooms and an upper deck for the ultimate out-of-cage viewing and photography experience.
We will have the following stops:
Cape Town Collection
You will be picked up from your accommodation in and around Cape Town. The drive to Gansbaai takes about 3 hours. All guests will meet at the Great White House in Kleinbaai.
You will receive breakfast or lunch and register your wetsuit size.
Receive a pre-trip safety briefing on what to expect during the trip and a biological briefing on great white sharks.
To the ship
Take a 200-meter walk to the harbor to board the Slashfin and begin your excursion.
Journey to the underworld
We will start the boat trip to Dyer Island (approximately 20 minutes), where we will anchor and start riding.
Anchor for 2 hours (depending on shark activity/conditions) and face the intimidating experience of cage diving.
Time permitting, you will make a quick trip through the infamous Shark Alley.
Return to the Great White House
Return to the Great White House for information and a drink to celebrate the occasion.
Finally, we return to your accommodation in Cape Town in a 3-hour drive.
• Chauffeur driven RETURN trip from Cape Town
• One shark cage dive/observation guided by a marine biologist
• Road transfer from selected locations
• A light meal (breakfast or lunch depending on the time of the trip), soft drinks on board and soup and bread on the return trip
• Equipment such as wet suits, wetsuits, booties, masks and towels
• Life jackets and waterproof jackets
• Video link of your experience (can be purchased in addition to the dive/observation excursion at a cost of approximately R200).
• Sun block
• Bathing suit
• Anti-nausea medication (if seasickness is a concern)
• Bathing Costume
• Warm clothing (it is cold on the water when the wind blows)
• Tackies / sneakers
• Wind breaker
Maximum weight: 150.0 kg
All year round, subject to availability and weather conditions. Only closed on Christmas day and New Year.
The service is weather dependent. Contact must be made 24 hours before the time of the excursion to be informed about the local weather and sea conditions.